Monday, April 30, 2007

Prayers for rain

Today I had a follow-up sonogram to check for any changes in the fluid levels surrounding the baby. Unfortunately, we did not receive good news. The fluid level has dropped by 50% in two weeks. They are considering this a "considerable" drop and sending me back to my perinatalogist. I guess it is somewhat serious. They tried to get me an appointment today, but Dr. Peters did not have anything open, so I will see him tomorrow. He will do another sonogram, check the fluid levels again, and (more importantly) assess the baby's condition inside.

She seems to be growing well despite her crowded living space. Her weight was estimated to be 3 lbs 1 oz. and she is actually measuring 6 days ahead of where she should be. So, her growth is adequate at this point. Let's just hope and pray everything else is OK.

For now I am on bed rest. I don't know how long they will keep me here, but I hope it isn't too long. It is nearly impossible with a mobile infant. I'm sure you can imagine.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh, MAN! That is terrible!

I am thinking wet, swimmy thoughts your way. Wish I could come play with E while you "rest" but they like me to be at work. Pah.

Anonymous said...

I'm out for read/write week next week & would love to babysit E!!