Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sonogram update

Just thought I would post an update on my last few visits to the Dr. I am 26 weeks and 6 days pregnant today. Amazing how fast time goes by. And can you believe Emma is 8 months old today?

First of all my glucose test turned out fine this time. No problems. No sticking my finger 4 times a day.
Praise God!

The sonogram went ok. The baby is measuring right on target for a July 14th due date. She measures in the 55th percentile compared to other babies at this gestation, which is right where we want her. Not too big, not too small. He gave the weight in grams so I have no idea what we are talking about here. The heart rate was perfect.

We did find a reason for my teeny belly. I am considered at the “low end of normal” for my fluid levels. The largest pocket of fluid around baby girl was 3.9 cm (which isn’t very much at all). All the other pockets were 1 cm or less. Normal fluid is considered between 5 and 25 cm. So you can see how close to the low end I am. She is crammed in there so tight and is in the same exact position she was in 6 weeks ago (basically folded in half with her knees on her forehead and frank breech). Maybe we have a gymnast on our hands?? He said he still has to call this a “normal” sonogram, but it is definitely something we are going to watch closely. I have another sonogram scheduled in 2 weeks, so pray for lots of watery cushion for her.

No comments: