Wednesday, April 18, 2007

2/3 of the way there!!!

So this week I entered the most trying time of a pregnancy...the 3rd trimester. I know some of you pg experts are looking at my ticker up there on the page thinking "she's not in the 3rd tm yet". Well, I am. My email from babycenter said so. Plus, if you consider I will deliver 10 days earlier than my due date, the last week doesn't even count for me. So, last trimester...here I come.

With this new step comes a whole new world of fatigue, pains and anxiety. The fatigue hit me right between the eyes this weekend. All of a sudden there is the overwhelming urge to lie down. And if I give it 2 minutes, I'm out...just like that. It is getting really hard to get down on the floor with E to play and a simple thing, like climbing stairs, has become a chore I am just not willing to do at times. This third time around I have a new scary sensation. Maybe it is just too many babies in such a little time? I have this feeling that my pubic bone is cracking. I know it sounds crazy, but I can't explain it any other way. So walking has become waddling and I have to sit often. When I do sit for awhile the sensation travels to the tailbone.

I was content to sit around and let this baby slowly make a presence into the world, but now I am anxious to get to the end so I can have my body back. It has been possessed for nearly 1 1/2 years straight by a tiny being of some kind. I don't feel or look like myself anymore. I want my wedding ring to fit again and my skinny jeans. Maternity clothes have become old and tiresome. For anyone who honestly wants to have their kids back to back like this (and I know several of them) I would have to recommend a stork delivery system. It's just too hard on a girl's body.

(5 minutes later)

I just had to run in a retrieve a paci for my sleeping beauty and I saw a picture on her dresser of me holding her on her first day of life. The memory of that wonderful feeling of seeing your newborn for the first time is enough to dull the aches and pains for the moment and get through another day. Only 11 weeks to go. I can do anything for 11 weeks...right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl. You can do it! I'm only 5 miles away if you need help AND next month we can start laying out in the pool again.

Dana