Monday, April 23, 2007

Oops, I did it again

I recall mentioning in a previous post that one should never take to heart the emotional ponderings of a pregnant woman with an infant in tow. If you missed that one, write it down, don't forget it. I am 40 months pregnant, sleep-deprived, and extremely hormonal. My post about whether to shower or not was simply a thought process going on in my head.

Well, something went terribly wrong and I now have several wonderful people asking me for dates and names for showers. Woah Nellie! This isn't my first rodeo. As I said, I don't need the bells and whistles of a first shower. And C...I DEFINITELY do NOT need my belly measured this time around. :) We all know how it goes.

What really got me was that there are several women who love me and my family enough to do this one last time. It's sweet, it's heartfelt and appreciated. Now who do you invite to a third shower. I mean, I already have enough frequent delivery miles at my OB office to claim a free tummy tuck with this delivery. (Not really, but wouldn't THAT be awesome???) Anyone receiving an invite this time around is sure to roll their eyes right???

Here's an idea. Just like each anniversary has a certain gift (silver, tea, gold, etc etc)....each subsequent baby shower should have it's theme in advance. By the third child all shower attendees should be required to bring Xanax, Slim Fast, eye concealer or a gift cert for a boob lift.

2 comments:

Cynde said...

I like the way you think on the gifts for the 3rd shower. Not that it's going to make me HAVE a third shower.

Just the 2 thank you.

Mary Beth said...

Hee hee, boob lift.