Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Speaking of the little things...

Here are some little things that have brightened my days the last couple weeks, while living in zombie land.

Monday afternoon while feeding E and J lunch, J said "Mom you can't handle 3 kids...who is going to watch us?" I said, "No one sweetie, mommy is starting to feel a lot better now and I can watch all of you". His reply, "No way! I am going to have to help you!". He proceeded to pick up a broom and dust pan and sweep the kitchen floor. He also made it his personal job to keep E out of danger areas. He would pick her up and carry her to the living room floor, then plop her down again. It was hilarious. He just kept muttering over and over again that I can't handle 3 kids. Hey...he's a smart one ya know! The minute B walked in the door, he ran upstairs and stopped helping. It was really touching that he wanted so desperately to help. I didn't ruin it by telling him I had to re-sweep the floor....he missed a few spots.

Last week was our 3 year anniversary. As far as the sleep factor and Isabel being fussy all day, it was a horrible day. When B got home late that night he had a present for me from one of his students. She so thoughtfully put together a care package and sent it over....just for me. No baby gift, no family thing, just for me. Nice hunh? She is a mom with a baby girl 5 months older than E, so she knows what new moms need. B also brought flowers and cards. Yes, cards as in two. Why? Because he found two that were perfect and could not choose just one. How sweet is that?

Here are more things that have brightened my day:

Yesterday when E woke up from a nap, I walked in to the room to find this. I am LOVING the bed head! I know the second image is blurry but I wanted to show that she was actually posing for the camera. What a ham!


At one of my baby showers the guests were asked to paint plain white onesies. I have 3 cute little handmade designs in 4 different sizes. Here is one of my favorites from the "just born" group. It was hand-painted by my friend C. She's crafty. She also does jewelry! Check it out here.

After struggling with E for over 45 minutes, this was the best I could do to get a "pretty" in her hair. Can't see it? Look harder. It's there! This picture also made me cry because she just looks so darn big...and grown up. Only 3 weeks until she is 1!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These really are darling!

And she does look so big in the last picture!

I love hearing about J's wanting to help.

In my experience: always let them help, no matter how much of it you have to do over, and never let them know you are doing it over. They will have such pride. As my mother now says, "crappy help is better than no help!"

have you ever looked at www.flylady.net? she helps me a lot.

hugs.