Saturday, July 14, 2007

Emma is 11 months old today!

It's hard to believe, but our oldest baby girl is 11 months old today! She is growing up so fast. The time I was at the hospital, she went from walking a few steps and then crawling the rest of the way to walking all of the time. I haven't seen her crawl in almost a week now! She eats three meals a day like the rest of us and has given up all but 2-3 bottles. We think she has 4 teeth, and is working on another, but she won't let us get near her poor tender gums, so who really knows. I guess it's time to start planning her B-day party. Where has the time gone???

Another big thing about today is it is the first time I have been alone with the girls. Both of them...by myself. It hasn't been bad so far. E has been asleep and Iz usually sleeps all day.

Last but not least....today is my original estimated due date. Instead of delivering a baby today, I have a 12 day old beautiful girl! We had her first check up with the Dr. yesterday and she has a clean bill of health. She is back up to her birth weight of 7 pounds 9 ounces. Her cord is still attached and she may have a clogged tear duct, but her breathing sounds normal...which, after blowing a hole in both of her lungs at birth, is good news! In other good news...I have lost 22 pounds so far. YAY me!!! Sleep is getting easier as she slowly gets used to being awake during the day. I am trying not to get upset and to enjoy these late night cuddle sessions. They go away too quickly. Speaking of cuddle sessions, my little alarm clock is telling me it's time to eat lunch. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Susana said...

YAY! 11 months... almost 1 year. time goes by so fast...
Emma is so cute and Isabel looks like a princess. You have a great family. J is also a cute guy. I bet he helps you with the girls...
Hugs.Susana

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and wonderful!

I was delighted and AMAZED to see you at church. You are a TROOPER.

Sorry I didn't get to say hi but had to run off and LEV.

blessings!