Tuesday, July 3, 2007

She's on room air!!!

Last night was particularly rough. I was given so many meds that my head was spinning and I couldn't keep anything down. And I mean ANYTHING. Ice chips led to severe nausea, which led to 8+ hours of non-stop vomitting, which made my Drs decide to keep me on a clear liquid diet today. YUCK! For lunch I think the cafeteria cooks forgot to stir the chicken broth before lunch was served, so I had chicken-flavored water for lunch. MMmmmmmmmmm. Since I was so sick I wasn't allowed to go see my baby girl in the NICU until around noon.

Much to my surprise, they had removed her oxygen tent late this morning and she was breathing room air!!!! Her X-ray showed that the hole in her lung had mostly disappeared and the Dr. said I could even come back at 3 and nurse her for the first time!!!

It was so wonderful to get to hold her. She didn't nurse very well at all, but I was fine to just snuggle with her. She quiets when she hears my voice and relaxes when we are skin to skin. This makes a new mom feel really good.

I took some pictures that I will try to post really soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGE Congrats! I'm so glad to hear your baby girl is doing so well! What a trooper! (And a chunk too!) :)

Hope she continues to do great & that you guys are home soon!

Rhonda-bbc

Anonymous said...

Gad you are feeling better, at least I hope you are.