Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend recap

Again, I have failed to log in daily, so I will just sum up the weekend with the highlights:

-On Friday B went to visit his sister, Bethany, and her new baby girl. He offered to take E along, and I was fine with it. I had a whole day off. J was home, but stayed with my dad while I enjoyed my Mother's Day pre-natal massage. It was wonderful. I should really treat myself more often. I also had so much time to clean. My floors were picked up, mopped, and vacuumed. Our bedroom was dusted and cleaned (except for one pile of laundry). I emptied all but 2 of the boxes that have been stacked at the top of the stairs since we started moving rooms several months ago. 2 of 3 toilets were cleaned and several loads of laundry done. I was nesting hardcore. It felt great to accomplish so much.

-On Saturday we welcomed home friends Allen and Cynde. They just brought their new baby girl home from China. It was one of the most wonderful moments of my life. We were waiting there with red, white and blue balloons, posters, flowers and pink teddy bears with such anticipation. They were held at immigration for awhile, so our wait was longer than expected. When they walked through the door, tears filled my eyes. I am really glad I was video taping for them, otherwise I might have just started blubbering. It was so touching to see them reunited with their older daughter, Phoebe, and instantly become a family of four. They have been waiting so long for this, and they deserve all the happiness in the world. She is even more beautiful than her pics online. WELCOME HOME JOSIE!!!!!

-We also saw Pirates 3 last night. Don't bother if you can wait for video. The ending was a cop out. Totally hated it. Although...you do get to see Johnny Depp without a shirt!

-Today was mostly uneventful. E slept in late and was really cranky. The rain was pouring down, so we decided to play hookey from church.
The day would have stayed uneventful if daughter #2 would have cooperated earlier in the day. She went almost 4 hours with no movement. I tried 2 donuts and a sugared soda, and nothing. I panicked and called the Dr. They sent me to the hospital for monitoring. The baby was more active once we got there than she has been in months. I could not believe it! It was like she was performing for an audience. What a waste of time!
They also did a sonogram. She weighs about the same as she did last Thursday and is still breech. It was really cute to see her though. She was holding her toes in front of her face and playing with them. She also was moving her mouth like she was saying "mama". Her fluid level is down from Thursday, but still "within normal limits". Basically normal right now is anything from 7.8cm-28cm...I have 8cm. So I have a whole .2 cm of fluid saving me from being "below normal". Wow. Hope I can hold on to that .2. It doesn't seem like much.
They told me to rest and see my Dr as usual on Thursday. Until then...I'm thinking watery thoughts.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

No comments: