Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. There is not a job in the world that is more difficult, exhausting, rewarding or wonderful. I don't even really like to think of it as a job, but a privilege.

One person I am particularly thinking about this M-Day is one of my dearest friends, Cynde. Right now, as I type, she is probably meeting her new baby girl. They left for China this past Thursday after a 2-year wait to adopt. B and I have been thinking all weekend about what they are doing, where they are and how long until they meet their baby, Josie, for the first time. Now that time is here. We are filled with so much emotion as all of this happens on the other side of the world. It seems surreal and dream-like. We can't wait to see her picture, to meet her in person, to let the girls meet and play together and to welcome her to our extended family. You can follow all of the excitement of their journey here.

Another person I can't stop thinking of this M-day is myself. I mentioned to B that this is my first and (God-willing) last M-day as a mother of two. From now on, I will be a mom to three. What a great gift! But am I up for the challenge? Only time will tell. For this M-day I had three wonderful gifts: J went to church with me, my family gave me a gift certificate for a prenatal massage, and E took her first step unassisted! Priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you it would happen when you least expected it! What a great Mother's Day gift! Won't be long before she's tackling the cats and trying to steal their food. Oh - I miss the non-mobile days!