Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We learn as we go

So here I am, less than 22 days before I am a mother of 3 (wow that looks strange) and I am kicking myself for being a horrible mother.
Today we went to a community water park with friends Lisa and Cynde. We all three had little ones, plus C and I had our older babes in tow. It was really fun to see E's first reaction to swimming. The child is a fish. No fear of water at all. J and I had to keep pulling her away from the deeper water.
Back to the bad mom thing. Despite slathering both babes with ample sun protection, they still managed to get red in places. With J I forgot the "reapply every 30 minutes while in the water" rule. With E, I forgot her head and her hat (most of the day) and she has a teeny burn on her scalp. I thought I was being so careful, and yet both kids (and me) have some kind of burn today. Next time, I keep telling myself, I will do better.
I only managed to get one picture of the day...I'll share:


1 comment:

Cynde said...

Hey, at least you took a picture!

J is fine, but P and I are pink.