Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My baby is walking!

It seems like just a few days ago E started letting go of the furniture and standing alone. Then a few steps happened here and there.


Today I finally accepted that my baby girl is walking. She let go several times today and precariously toddled from an armchair to a table, then casually sat down. She can also squat down without sitting and stand back up again. Her legs have become quite strong and he can get herself into a standing position without even pulling up on anything.

I really thought I would have more time before she was walking. And, if you really think about it, it could be awhile before she uses it as her preferred MO. Crawling is still her favorite, especially when she needs to be fast. (Like when mom spots her putting something into her mouth and comes after her). It's hard to see her growing up so fast. She is becoming my little toddler and soon a smaller baby will be in the house. She'll be the "big sister", but she will always me my baby...just like J.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Oh my gosh! That is so hard to believe!