Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Swell Day

Today was B's family reunion. Even though I am unable to travel, we were able to attend since it was conveniently located at Lake Lewisville. A lot of his family traveled from places like San Antonio, Austin, Houston, etc. Some even came from Oklahoma (although unfortunately we didn't get to see his immediate family this time around). There were about 120 family members there at one point. It was crazy!

I have met a lot of the people who were there. Apparently they were at our wedding. I don't recall much from that day, but I do remember faces. The insane thing was to see the children. All of them have grown up so much!

The plan was to get to the reunion about 11:30 and lunch was served at 12. We would stay a couple of hours and when E needed a nap, we would bolt. I honestly planned to be there until maybe 2 or 3. But we started having such a nice time. I visited with aunts, uncles, 1st 2nd and 3rd cousins of B's. They have a really wonderful (really talkative) family! It's a lot like my own (Peterson) family reunions....only without alcohol. It made me sad that I can not attend my family's in California in a few weeks. No way Doc is letting me travel anywhere any time soon. Ah, the "Screamin' Swedes"...we will just have to wait until next time.

So anyway, the PLAN was to leave early, but we were having such a great time. I took E for a drive and she slept for a bit, then we went back and stayed more. We might even still be there had I not been so pregnant. When I hopped in the car to drive E around I took off my shoes and had permanent lines in my feet from the swelling. It's the worst I have had so far this pregnancy. I didn't think much of it, until we got back and my hands started swelling. My ankles practically disappeared!!! I told B we HAD to go when my wrists started swelling around my watch band (around 6pm). In fact, I still have a watch imprint on my wrist and the watch (which is normally loose on me) has been off for about 5 hours.

I felt pretty awful when we finally made it home. I was dehydrated, hungry, swollen and sleepy. Even though I resemble the Stay Puffed Marshmallow woman, I am so glad we were able to make it. Their reunions are sporadic and it may be another 3-4 years before we are all together again, although I hope not. In the mean time I am hoping for the swelling to go down while I sleep. We have another busy day tomorrow. Lucky for me, it all involves air conditioning and comfy seating.

No comments: