Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Flying solo

Well, my darling husband left for Houston this morning. It was a crazy morning. J was running late to school, I could not pull myself out of bed and B was still drying clothes as he ran out the door. Also, as they left for school, my dad pulled up to drop off the crib we pulled out of their garage last night. So, while he was here he checked B's oil. I finally had to get up. E woke up right after they left and B came back home after filling up to give us one more hug (he probably knew E would be up and he could love on her). Anyway, it was sweet.

E was pretty sleepy (so was I) and we thought we would get another nap in. Just as we drifted off to sleep, our neighbors started ripping out their driveway with a massive jackhammer. This was at 8:30 in the morning (they are still going strong here at noon). We tried to ignore it, but this thing could wake the dead! I moved E into her bedroom and she finally dozed off around 10. Poor thing was exhausted (she usually naps from 8:30-10:30). I called B and begged him to turn around and come home, but he was already in Corsicana. I guess this will be a good test to see if we can all make it the whole week he is gone at the end of March.

It really shouldn't be too hard. I only have both kids after 3, and Jacob takes care of himself pretty much. E still naps 3 times a day. They both go to bed around 8 and I get the tv to myself for once!!!

No comments: