Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Think pink!

I am sure you can tell from the title of this post that we are adding another daughter to our family. The sonogram went well. There was no doubt this time about gender like there was with E. The measurements were perfect and they saw no need for an amnio, which my poor tummy was very happy to hear.

I guess my faced dropped a bit when they said it was a girl. I didn't even realize that it showed. I honestly was expecting (hoping for) a boy. I love my baby girl, don't get me wrong, but I had blue on the brain. My mom called after the sono and asked if I was ok with it. "Of course I am...she's healthy", I immediately said. Wow, I can start referring to the baby as she. That will be a nice change.

Now that I've had time to digest the whole thing, I think that I am glad it's a girl. I can use all of Emma's clothes again. They still look brand new. Emma can keep her girly girl room, which will be fun to add even more girly things to. And most of all, I think girls keep their moms young. When I have two teen aged daughters (oh my god can you even imagine????), they will keep me up on all the latest fashions, make-up, shoes etc. I think it will be good. I think I will enjoy this.

Now...if we could just find a name...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little sister and I were 13 months apart. (Still are). It's one of the most precious relationships in my life...she knows me in ways that no one ever will.

It's a good thing. IMHO.