Sunday, February 18, 2007

Can you say "paranoid"?

So, here I am, nearly 19 weeks pregnant and things just don't seem real. My belly, though bigger than my average stomach, is nothing like it was with E or J at this point. My mom actually asked when I walked in their door yesterday if I was sure I was pregnant. My Dr. seems to think so, but I am beginning to wonder.

Amazing things happen in the 2nd trimester for most moms-to-be. Morning sickness fades, fatigue generally lessens, belly starts showing the world you really are pregnant and not just eating too many potato chips, and the most wonderful thing for most moms is fetal movement. The average time for most women to feel the first movement is between 16-18 weeks. Like I mentioned before. here I am at 19 and I could not tell you for sure if I have felt the baby move or not. Occasionally there will be a gas-like trickle or bubble in my tummy. But then I quickly realize it was much to high to be the baby.

This morning I chowed down on a high-carb sweet breakfast, with juice, and laid down to see what would happen. NOTHING! Great now I just had a days worth of calories at 8 in the morning, and still no reassurance. Unless you count my date with the porcelain god yesterday morning as reassurance. The only thing that assured me of is my desperate need to clean the bathroom! Yuck!

No comments: