Tuesday, February 6, 2007

No long needles today

So, our amnio was rescheduled for next Tuesday. It was supposed to be today, but do to a significant hold up on the eternal paper trail, we have to wait another week. After all the ranting and raving that went on yesterday that I (and my baby) have to suffer for someone else's mistake (or just plain laziness), I have become stoic. I feel overwhelmed by so many different emotions, on top of an already moody pregnancy disposition. On the way back from E's music class this morning I was thinking to myself that we would have known if the baby was a boy or girl by this evening, and now we wait another week. It's like someone stole the cherry on top of your sundae. How rude!!! is all I can say.

The silver lining in all of this is that I can take J to his "Pizza with Parents" night and visit the bookfair. I would have been on strict bed rest for the next 24 hours post amnio, but no need for that today. I even decided to leave E with my folks so J can have some 1 on 1 time with mom. Both kids will need as much as they can get before this summer when all hell break loose.

No comments: