Friday, August 24, 2007

What's up?

This last week of summer vacation has been a bustle of activity at Casa Bennight. We (I) have been running around trying to get things organized and ready for next week. Sadly...I look at my house today and it doesn't seem any cleaner, nor more organized. Hmmm.

Here's what else has been going on:
  • Isabel smiled at me for the first time! Yes, in direct response to something I was doing. E and I were cooing over her bassinet and talking to her and she just started grinning ear to ear. I love it! A little personality is beginning to emerge. I also heard her belly laughing in her crib this morning after I put her down to change E. I had the mobile going and she was cracking herself up. SOOOOO cute!
  • Jacob started soccer practices. Games won't start for another week or so. His team disbanded after last year so the remaining players were joined with another team called the Titans. Their coach is awesome. He has played professional soccer and coaches at the select level. He charges $100 per lesson. We are lucky enough to have his son on our team so we are basically getting 22 "lessons" for the bargain price of $40 plus a new uniform. You can't beat that!
  • We are in the process of moving Iz's crib into our bedroom. I'm not really thrilled with the idea, however, she is outgrowing the bassinet and she is not anywhere near ready to be moved into the room with E. Well, it's more the fact that I just am not ready to deal with her waking up a soundly sleeping babe in the middle of the night. Hopefully in the next few months she will start sleeping even more and she can move in with big sis.
  • B has been recording a demo all week with a new group he is involved with. It has kept him super busy, but hopefully it will get them noticed. He also had a deadline yesterday to get his doctoral paper topic approved. *Fingers crossed*

So...what's up with you?

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Fingers crossed here, too. MAKEX IF HARX TO TOPE...