Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated E's 1st Birthday party. It was a very hot and humid August day, but was absolutely wonderful. Her cake time was probably the messiest I have ever seen on a 1 year old. We really expected her to be more dainty, but she dove right in. B says she must be Mommy's girl too because she went for all of the frosting and then threw the cake on the ground. That's my girl! She walked away with some amazing gifts from books, to toys to a whole new fall wardrobe. She has an army of wonderful friends and family who love her very much. One of these days I hope she is as thankful for them as I am.

Birthday Princess


Going for a swim


You can tell little sis is thrilled about the party


Look at me, I'm 1!!! Friend Josie cruising along
The cake

Hmmm, looks good


Big brother and cousins wondering where their cake is

Enough of this cake stuff...give me more frosting!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

This is way too cute!

Glad you had time away at the game, too. Stop that exercising til the doctor tells you to! :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting out to the game!! Love the b-day pics of the sweet Emma - she is really too cute for words.

Thanks for the kind words over at my place - this time of the year and doing "boy summer things" - I never imagined raising boys without my brother to show them the ropes - he would have loved to teach S. how to change the tire on his bike & helped B. learn to field a pop fly - things I watched him do a million times but never appreciated in a way that I do now. I'll keep y'all in my prayers as you go through this same time - it really sucks...