Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update

So it's been forever since I've posted. I know, I know.

We have had at least one person sick in this house since Christmas. I guess I started it all with the horrible cold I got on Christmas Day. Since then Isabel has had a sinus infection, bronchitis, and is running a low grade fever as I type. Emma had an ear infection a few weeks ago, and her fever went up today as well. Bad was sick with a sore throat, which he so kindly passed on to me last week. I think the only one who has managed to stay healthy through all this is Jacob who escaped with only a minor stuffy nose around New Years.

On a happier note, Brad and I got to take a trip sans children last weekend. It was amazing. My folks watched the kids so we never had to worry about whether or not they were OK. We went to Fredericksburg which is in the hill country. For my California relatives reading this, Texas Hill country is about as pretty as you get in Texas...and it is gorgeous. It was even pretty this time, during the winter when everything is dormant.

The town of Fredericksburg is a quaint little town known for it's German Heritage and shopping. We ran into gobs of women's groups who were down there for some time away from the kids and men. I am lucky enough to be married to someone who enjoys that type of shopping, and we had a great time.

We ate nothing but German food the whole time (except for a dessert of Creme Brulee), which was fun for me. I love trying new foods. Since Brad has been teaching the girls to speak German, we have adopted many German type things into our home. Movies, books, brats, and now I am addicted to sauerkraut (although is I smell it again for several months it will be too soon).

It was really nice to get away from it all. So nice, we forgot to take any pictures. You will just have to take our word for it!

P.s. I just HAVE to mention that Brad bought me the Keurig coffee brewer that I have wanted forever for my Bday....and I feel like royalty. For those of you who are not aware, I am a coffee connoisseur and this toy just feeds my addictions. You just turn it on, put in a pod of coffee, put a cup under the spout, and press a button. Coffee on demand. No mess, no clean-up. So spoiled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Kcups!! There's a place over on 121 to check out as a supplier, but SuperTarget seems to keep them in stock. Sometimes I find them at World Market also. Love the Keurig!!

Anonymous said...

The place on 121 just east of Main is CoffeeGIANT and they allow walk-in customers - YAY!