Monday, February 23, 2009

The ballet lesson

E had her first ballet lesson on Saturday. It was really sweet to see my daughter starting something that was such a huge part of my childhood (for those unaware, I danced more days than not from 3rd grade up through highschool).

She was really shy at first, but eventually warmed up to the other girls in the class and the teacher. Then they had to put on their tap shoes. We didn't have tap shoes for Emma at the first class, so the rest of the day was spent getting her fitted in a local dance store. Hopefully I will get good pics of the tap shoes at the next lesson.


Ready to go mom!





I wish I had tap shoes on as well....


Did you see my pretty flowy skirt?




Can you show me that arabesque again please?

3 comments:

Dana said...

I can't wait for the first performance.

Cynde said...

Cutie pie!

R. Hansen said...

So cute!!!