Friday, November 16, 2007

Jacob's last soccer game

It's hard to believe, but the fall soccer season has officially ended. Well, not really officially...we still have to have a party and get trophies. Ya know, the important stuff!

It was an unseasonably warm day in November, and the fam was out and about for the big event. J has really become involved with the game for the most part this year. I think he has had a hard time overcoming the significant growth spurt he had this year. Sometimes his tall lanky body seemed awkward when compared to the other 8-year-olds out there. He generally played forward which gave him an opportunity to run a lot and score. In several games he had multiple scores. One game he even scored 3 times in one quarter!

At this time he is not sure if he will continue with soccer in the spring, or pursue a new activity. He received a guitar for his birthday and would like to start lessons. Honestly with the lack of PE in the schools these days, Brad and I are huge proponents of at least one sport or active hobby. Kids need to be moving, and exercising more than ever.

Here are some pics from the day:

I love soccer!

I'm open! Pass!
Lining up for the corner kick
E gets some play time in at the half
Just happy to be here
I can't believe my mom is making me take a picture with all my friends watching

No comments: