Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Halloween that was not.

I have been asked a couple of times "why no pics of the kids in their costumes?". Well, the truth is that this year, just like last year, Halloween was a bust. We had plans to go to one of Brad's students house who was having a party. J didn't want to go so I made plans for him to Trick or Treat with his best friend, Brendan.


After I dropped J off at his friends it became apparent, VERY quickly, that E and Iz were in no mood to go anywhere, let alone put on costumes. When I pulled up they were screaming at the top of their lungs. We turned our porch lights out so no one would come to the door and hear our girls wailing. E went to sleep around 7:15. She hadn't been feeling well all week. Iz just wanted to be held and rocked. It was what they needed, so we didn't push them. After all, will they really remember this down the road? It really wasn't worth the tears.


J had a great time and got about 2 pounds of candy! I picked him up, tucked him in and went to choir to practice a duet I sang at church this past Sunday. It was a pretty uneventful night. Oh well. You can't win them all.

I did manage to snap a few photos of the girls at our church's annual Trunk or Treat. They were both missing their head pieces since it was an unseasonable 80 degrees outside. E is supposed to be a butterfly and Iz a skunk. It was cute while it lasted...about 10 minutes! :)

E was running so much, most of my pics are blurry!
Taking a ride in the stroller
E's wings

I'm cute!
Ok dad, now put me down so I can run.
Cutest skunk ever (and best smelling)
Isabel with friend Matthew
Girls with dad and friend, Ted











No comments: