Sunday, October 7, 2007

Blah

Sorry for the lack of a new post in awhile. Emma and I have been sick, and now poor Isabel has a runny nose. The boys seem fine so far...let's hope they stay that way.

After several weeks of fighting with Iz when it comes to nursing, I decided it was time to wean her. The only problem is...she won't take a bottle. Last week I realized that it is highly possible that she just can't take one. I guess we always assume a baby should come out knowing how to take a bottle. It's just not the case though.

A dear friend of ours has a little boy, M, that had feeding troubles throughout the first year of life. After talking to her, it sounds like Iz is showing some of the same signs of the problem. Our first step is to meet with a lactation consultant to see if it is a simple latch issue, or something bigger. This whole situation has been extremely difficult for all of us. Please pray for us as we seek out a solution to the problem and for Iz. I hate that nursing isn't the comfort that it should be for her. Her greatest comfort right now is the swing, and I hate that....I'm her mommy...it should be me.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Awwww...this is sad. Glad to hear from you but sorry you are having this problem.

hang in there!