Monday, August 25, 2008

Look out 3rd grade!

J had his first day of school today. He was more nervous than usual to start this year. For one, the 3rd grade classrooms are in the "big kid" wing. K-2 halls are on one side of the building, and 3-5 on the other. We used to have to fight those big kids walking through the BK wing down through the halls into the small fry wing. Well, now he is one of those big kids. In more than 1 way. He grew about an inch this summer and is 1/2 size away from wearing men's shoes.

He was also apprehensive about his teacher. This year he will have his first male teacher, and the only one that I know of at the school. I must admit I was secretly hoping he would be in his class just for a nice change. Third grade was my favorite year of Elementary school, and I want his experience to be positive. He came home today with loads of enthusiasm. In fact, his first words were "I LOVE 3rd grade!".


J just outside school
J with BFF Brendan

3rd grade rocks!!!

(Thanks to Amanda for the pics!)

No comments: