Monday, April 28, 2008

On the cusp...

Today Iz took 3 steps towards me. I got so excited, I think I scared her and she sat down. Watching her this past weekend I realized she has had the ability to walk for quite some time, but not necessarily the desire. She is the most cautious baby I have ever seen. Her steps are precise and deliberate, and she always is looking for something to grab nearby. She is complacent to play by herself with really no outside help or stimuli. She can NOT be related to J and E. They are daredevils. I have not had an overly cautious child before. This could be a nice change from constantly biting my nails off as my children are climbing on things, jumping off and flying through the air. There will be sweet Iz, ducking behind me until the coast is clear.
I will admit though, I am ready for her to talk off on her feet. It would sure save the knees on her pants for one, and as the weather gets warmer it will be nice to dress her in shorts and dresses!

No comments: