Saturday, April 26, 2008

Girls and curls everywhere...

Well, B took off for South America this past Thursday morning before the sun came up. And yesterday J's dad came to pick him up for the weekend. So for now it's just the girls in the house. I've had a migraine the last two nights, complete with nausea and light/sound sensitivity. It seems ok now, but I can feel it looming in the vicinity of my head. Ugh.

I always thought I would enjoy having alone time and peace and quiet, but last night we had a scary situation. The dogs had been barking and seemed very restless...but I was too scared to go downstairs and check it out. Then about 11:45 one of E's toys randomly went off. Normally you have to bump a switch to get it to play that particular song. The cat was with me...so not an easy explanation. I started getting a little nervous that someone was in the house when I heard a blood-curdling shriek from E's room. I ran full speed ahead into her room. She was standing there, just screaming about something. No one was there so I am assuming it was a bad dream.

I checked the downstairs, but my heart was racing. I didn't look that thoroughly. All doors were still locked, so I took several Excedrin and went to sleep.

I got a text from B very late Thursday night saying that he had arrived safe and sound, but his bags didn't make it. Then I had an email from him yesterday saying that they finally got them yesterday. He says the city is dirty, the people seem nice, and the food is AWFUL. He is already homesick. We will have some contact while he is in this leg of the trip. He will be there until Sunday morning. Then...I have no idea where he will be or if we will have contact. Last night we were texting and "watching" the Stars play....and I just have to say "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""""""

Here are some pics of the girls' curls I sent to him yesterday via email.



P.s. I don't have my camera, I sent it with B. The only thing I have is the camera phone until May 5....so please bear with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You'll make it through, and so will B.

Anonymous said...

The girls are so sweet! Just stopped by to check on you!
Scarlett from BBC :o)