Monday, June 15, 2009

A day in my life!

Being a parent is one of life's greatest sources of entertainment. At least once a day all three of my children say something that is news worthy...at least in my eyes. The cuteness never ceases to amaze me. These quotes happened in thepast couple of days. I am hoping to blog about these memorable words so one day, when they are all grown up, and being cranky teenagers, I can look back to time when they were naive innocent and brilliant, all at the same time.



I'll start with the oldest. This one needs no setting up except for the fact that it was completely random. Nothing was on tv or anywhere around us regarding the topic.



Jacob: "Mommy...I don't think I will ever run for President"

Me: "Phew, that's a relief! But what made you decide that?"

Jacob: "Well, I'm going to be in a band...so I can buy a mansion. And I don't really want to live in the White House. You have to actually WORK when you live there and I will already have a job...playing in a band. Oh and some presidents get shot."



This one might be my favorite. This one needs a little background info. We had severe storms blow through last Wednesday and knock down several trees and power in our neighborhood. The surrounding area was hit pretty hard as well. We promised Emma we would take her to the Disney princess store if she took a nap on Thursday. (Which she did). We went to the store and it was closed due to store damage. Oh, and my parents were out of town.

So, we took her on the carousel instead. She didn't seem to be too bothered by it. Until we were driving to church on Sunday and I heard this:

"Mommy, I need Papa to come home so he can fix the Disney princess store so I can go shopping and buy Apple princess (aka Snow White)"

And finally our little Izzie B. She has a sweet demeanor that is very tender at times. She will come up and put your face in her hands, stroking your cheek and whispering softly to you. Sometimes she does this while saying "go to sleep" or "I love you".

Yesterday at lunch she was stroking my face sweetly and looking into my eyes. Then she lovingly whispered, "Mommy....you have boogers".

1 comment:

Dana said...

I actually laughed out loud when I read this post.