Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lord help us all!!!

Ok, I don't have the picture to prove it...since it was so shocking as it was happening I didn't make the connection to grab a camera. I just kept saying to the child "Iz, you are too little to be doing this...you can't possibly....don't do it....you're going to get hurt".

And then she pulled up on my parent's coffee table. First to her knees, and then to a complete stand which lasted about 20 seconds, then she fell and hit her head. But it hasn't stopped her from trying again...and again.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong. She isn't even supposed to really be crawling yet. But pulling up?

Here is the developmental email I got from BBC this week:

Your 6 month old: week 3
Your baby can now roll over from her tummy to her back and vice versa. This may even occur when she's sleeping.

Oh really???? You think she might be ale to do that????

The first mention of "pulling up" on babycenter is in the 8 month newsletter. And it says this:

Your baby may be able to pull himself up to a standing position while holding on to furniture. In fact, if you stand your baby next to the sofa, he may be able to hold himself up, although he may be hanging on for dear life.

So....what do we do now? We already have to watch the climber like a hawk. Now this!
EEK!

I am probably going to write a book one day called "Kamikazee kids and the parents who love them"

2 comments:

Cynde said...

Amen. Put a book on her head?

Dana said...

I'm not the least bit surprised that my godchild is exceptionally talented. :-) I suspect that she will be dancing swan lake by 10 months.