Friday, April 17, 2009

By George...I think she's got it!

Today we acquired a new piece of furniture. It's probably the least expensive, but most exciting item of furniture that I've had the pleasure of purchasing in about 6 years.

Yesterday, as per usual, E asked to put on some panties and walked around in them. She does this all the time and in my head I grumbled that I would be cleaning up the mess in a few minutes (as usual). Imagine my surprise when she ran to me saying "I did it Mommy!". I was surprised to see that she actually made her way to her potty (Jacob's old model, circa 2001) and did her business. Excited doesn't begins to describe my feelings. We high-fived and I secretly thought...great...now we are "potty training" and that means cleaning up accidents, monitoring potty trips, making sure there is clean underwear...etc etc etc.

She has managed to keep herself dry now for 24 hours. Can I get an AMEN????


Oh, and the only reason we bought a new chair is because I am lazy and don't want to carry the other one up and down the stairs. She's still not too comfy with the big people seats...




1 comment:

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

Yahoo! I am so happy for you. Oh, the day Wyatt is potty-trained will be soooo lovely. He's not even the least bit interested yet...which is fine. I'm not ready either.