Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wednesday reflections

Well here it is humpday again. You know what that means...tomorrow is my OB day.

Wednesdays around here are really starting to have a sense of urgency. Well, for me anyway. To B and the rest of the fam it's just another day in the week. I have so many errands to run and things to do before I go tomorrow. I finally made it to the grocery store this morning, and Babies R Us this afternoon. Now I just need to do 5 loads of laundry, set up the new baby bed (she got her bedding this weekend), clean all the bathrooms, and wash bottles. Not too much in the next 19 hours...right? Oh, and I also need to put away the loot from the showers.

By showers I don't mean the horrible gloomy damp weather we have been having here in DFW.

I had three lovely showers in the last week. Remember how I didn't want one? Well...there were 3! A dear friend from church, Mary Beth, organized a "Dinners and Diapers" shower that they held at choir last Wednesday night. I now have 260 newborn diapers, 180 of E's size and several other in between sizes as well as extra wipes. They also gave us 8 frozen dinners from the Dinner Station , and I just heard that we are getting 2 more!!! What a wonderful idea for a mom who has most of what she needs for her new little girl.

The second shower was thrown at B's church, Flower Mound Presbyterian. He is the pianist there and they always take very good care of him. We received several gift cards to BRU, a second highchair (thank goodness), and several homemade beautiful items. One of which is a newborn crocheted cap. I plan on taking this to the hospital with me for the girl. It was lovely, and very sweet. They are good people.

The final shower was for friends and family not associated with these other groups. It was hard, since some friends belong in several groups, but I tried to not invite anyone to two showers. My dear friends from college, Dawn and Dana, went WAY overboard with this one. They planned (to my surprise) a ladies English Tea. Everything was so beautiful. Most of my friends were out of town, and I'm really sad they missed it, because it was amazing. The group was small, but they hand-painted tiny onesies for the new baby. I can't wait for her to wear them! I also received several wonderful things to complete my list of "things I still need" including: double stroller (sweet ride! Thanks mom and dad), the rest of the baby's bedding [courtesy of Aunt Katie...(aka Krafty Katie) and dear friend Beryl], and a luxury (but necessary) Pack N Play from Cynde! I can actually corral E while I feed baby B! The only things I have left on my "things I need ASAP" list are: a going home outfit (for the baby) and a diaper bag built for 2. Should be easy enough...right?

B and I are surrounded by such wonderful friends and family and we are overwhelmed by the kindness. We honestly could never repay them for everything they have done.
Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just jumping over from BC to see how you are doing. Good luck with your appt today!
Scarlett